Many RFID applications in the manufacturing sector have been driven by external mandates set by the DoD. However, there are still plenty of opportunities available through “internal integration” to utilize RFID not only to satisfy the mandate, but to enhance operations as well. This includes active, passive, and semi-passive RFID technologies as well as other real-time locating technologies for indoor and outdoor positioning systems.
Organizations are now realizing the true value of a location technology that can provide real-time visibility of any object on the shop floor to internal information systems. Tracking tools, fixtures, pallets or even product assembly can all be accomplished in real-time. Product assembly information can be tracked and recorded into a tag as the item progresses along the assembly line. Other functions of the technology enable field personnel to quickly identify product features, date of manufacture, revision levels, and much more. Manufacturers can locate WIP carriers, containers, and material to significantly increase their production throughput, improve labor efficiency, reduce scrap, and increase quality.
Organizations can quickly and efficiently track production activity and trace part histories by utilizing our passive, active, and semi-passive supply chain and by accessing control and asset management solutions for the manufacturing industry. Our solutions provide organizations with a single accurate view of manufacturing processes and warehouse operations, enabling optimization of production capacity from raw materials through the final product.
- Receive total asset visibility for all manufacturing facilities and assembly areas to support total life cycle management
- Gain visibility of the location of materials and parts throughout depot warehouses and production processes
- Support value stream mapping and analysis (VSMAD), project and program management (PPM) and demand-driven scheduling (DDS)
- Shorten the manufacturing cycle by making sure parts, kits, and subcomponents are in the right place at the right time – including repair, return, and replacement process
- Improve process efficiency of shipping, receiving, and inventory management
- Synchronize and track parts and materials delivery with Defense distribution centers to supply depots/theater distribution centers vis-a-vis stock replenishment movement and consumption
- Tighten inventory accuracy and receive better cost control
- Collect reports and quickly access materials, master schedules, parts, quality, and other information required for compliance reporting and improving metrics