Seaport-e Account Manager
Position: Seaport-e Account Manager
Location: Arlington, VA
Summary Job Description:
The Account Manager for the U.S. Navy SeaPort-E program will lead the initiative to manage Shipcom’s Seaport-e vehicle contract. The position will develop teaming partners, by increasing the amount and quality of pursuits and proposals on Task Orders under the IDIQ contract vehicle. Must have domain knowledge and expertise. This role reports to Vice President, Business Development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the Seaport-e contract vehicle
- Develop strategies to market company’s products and services
- Develop and maintain subcontracting and teaming relationships with qualified, competitive IT firms
- Develop the overall IDIQ specific pipelines for both prime and subcontracting opportunities
- Work with graphic team for the development and maintaining of Navy specific marketing materials for company’s product and services
- Develop and maintain executive new and existing relationships with the U.S. Navy and Shipcom’s Management
- Develop new or use existing partnerships to leverage growth and generate more task orders for company
- Provide Capture Management to new task orders
- Establish a rapid task order response process to include data calls, templates, and library of documents such as past performance, past experience, corporate capabilities, SOPs.
- Implement IDIQ level quality assurance plans that tie to task order plan
- 5+ years of Business Development Experience as an account manager for Seaport-e.
- Prior US Navy Experience is a plus
- Experience in Supply Chain Logistics Technology
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree is a plus
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have excellent writing skills to be able to write proposals and deliverables, as well as lead company’s efforts to generate winning proposals
- Demonstrated successful track record of closing new business with the Navy.
- Demonstrated assigned lead for capture pursuits on opportunities greater than $10M and having won opportunities that were assigned to you as the lead
- Current positive relationships with government staff and military personnel within the NAVSEA
- Full understanding of the contractual requirements and regulations associated with SeaPort-E and the PMO of the Navy
- US Citizenship is required
- Must be eligible to work in the United States, and pass a background check including criminal history.
About Shipcom Wireless:
Shipcom Wireless, Inc. was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Houston, TX. Shipcom has become a leading provider of integrated supply chain execution enterprise software solutions focused on automatic identification and data collection (AIDC), radio frequency identification (RFID) and enterprise mobility. Shipcom’s proven, open standards platform, CATAMARAN™, is a server-based solution that captures filters, aggregates, transforms, and routes data from multiple devices such as RFID readers and barcode scanners and integrates it directly with enterprise systems such as Oracle, Provia, SAP and various Legacy systems. Its software solution also includes reusable application libraries and user-friendly development tools, which enable customers to easily and quickly configure the CATAMARAN™ platform to their specific needs.
Shipcom has satisfied a client base of 150+ clients, including many Fortune 1000 customers, around the globe with its projects involving a multitude of sites installed in production critical operational deployments. We are continually increasing and enhancing the services offered. The company’s business is on a fast growth path and the headcount has increased from 30 to 200+ employees over the last two years.
Shipcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, marital status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or persons with disabilities. Shipcom is a U.S. federal contractor which participates in the E-Verify employment eligibility check program.